New York | Sephora Haul

Leave a Comment



As soon as I started saving up for my trip to New York I knew I had to visit a Sephora, I always see fantastic blog posts and whenever I'm on YouTube I find amazing hauls and it's always been on my to do list, so I made sure I wrote out a list of things i wanted to pick up when I was there.

In total I think I visited 4 Sephora shops, each one was equally as amazing and I had a great time looking at all the brands we can't get over here in the UK, I really was spoilt for choice.

I've always had a love for Urban Decay eye shadows, even though I already own two of the naked palettes a girl can never have enough eyeshadows... plus I loved the idea of a smaller all-matte one, so i opted for the Naked 2 Basics palette which it great if you're on the go because it's just the right size for your makeup bag! I also got their Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid, I've always had redness in my cheeks and this concealer is great for spots too, I just dab a little of this onto any redness then follow with normal concealer and it completely cancels out the redness and helps even out my skin tone.

Now I'm not going to lie, I am a bit of a mascara junkie. Surely I can't be the only one with about 4 mascaras on the go at one time, but I still find justification to buy more! I thought I'd try the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes. 

I couldn't go into Sephora without looking at the Kat Von D stand, and it really didn't disappoint I picked up her Everlasing Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Lovesick' it's such a lovely colour and that's coming from someone who's too scared to wear lippy at all!

As someone who's been struggling with an oily T-zone I've found it hard to find good skincare to combat it, powders help throughout the day but I felt like I needed a little something else so when I came across Beautyblender's Blotterazzi I thought it could come in handy and these are re-useable, you just wash them like any makeup sponge.

Skincare has always been the thing I gravitate towards, I'm not even sure why but it's the one thing I really enjoy learning more about! Sunday Riley have an amazing range of oils so I definitely wanted something from them, I chose their U.F.O Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil.  I've found that if I have any breakouts my skin reacts well to salicylic acid and this has 1.5 percent in it. I have been using this in the evenings just before i moisturise, It's suitable for all skin types too which is a bonus!

I also picked up Kate Somerville's Eradikate Acne Treatment and I'm not impressed with it, it flakes off really easily and didn't do anything to the few spots where i applied it.

I thought I'd get some more of the first aid beauty Facial Radiance Pads, seeing as I'd ran out and I could tell a difference not having used them in a while! My skin always feels smoother and clearer after using these.

Now I love a good face mask but I've never tried an eye mask, I know... what have I been doing?!
I've noticed more brands are starting to make so many different types of masks lately! I picked up two of Sephora's eye masks I got the Relaxing & Refreshing Green Tea Mask and the Ultra moisturizing & Brightening Rose Mask to try out.

I made sure I got myself a Beauty Insider card to earn points and I got Marc Jacobs Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 216 and their Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in black as a birthday gift and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream and Makeup Forever Excessive Lash mascara as a point perk which was a lovely surprise!

What's on your sephora wishlist?
Emma xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment